May 25, 2011

X Factor 1 – Is Nicole Scherzinger Replacing Cheryl Cole As An X Factor Judge?

Written by:
Sign up to receive all the latest X Factor Music, News, Rumors and Updates.

Not sure what’s up with this news (rumor?), but, a lot of major news sources out there are starting to report on it. The rumor started with TMZ who is known to get some exclusives that end up being true. Below is a take from TV Guide. Note that this news hasn’t been confirmed and Simon Cowell’s camp have not returned calls. It is unclear as to why Cole is exiting. I have to say I think Nicole Scherzinger would make a much better and more reliable choice.

Nicole Scherzinger will replace Cheryl Cole as a judge on The X Factor, TMZ.com reports.

Less than three weeks after going into production on Simon Cowell’s reality singing competition, Scherzinger is set to relocate to the judges’ table alongside Cowell, Paula Abdul and L.A. Reid. The Pussycat Dolls star was originally tapped to co-host with British TV personality Steve Jones. There’s no indication whether Jones will remain to host solo or if another person will replace Scherzinger at his side.

UPDATE: People.com via The Sun is reporting Cheryl quit the show because she was homesick for the UK. More in a take below.

Reports Thursday morning say Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger is replacing British performer Cheryl Cole as a judge. While some think she was fired, the Sun suggests she was simply homesick.

“It hasn’t worked out,” a source tells the paper. “She’s homesick and wants to return to the U.K. She’s had enough. Whether she ends up back on U.K. X Factor is open to speculation.”

Rumors are rampant All. Don’t believe anything on this or assume the worst until we hear something officially from Fox.

Be Sociable, Share!
  • Tags:

Look for similar articles under these categories:

9 responses to "X Factor 1 – Is Nicole Scherzinger Replacing Cheryl Cole As An X Factor Judge?"

1. # John commented on May 25th, 2011:

I always knew you were good Vogue. I’d just seen the news and was going to post about it.

I have to admit that I hate this change. I was really looking forward to seeing Cheryl Cole on X Factor. Are they kidding me with the accent stuff? I’ve heard her talk plenty of times and it’s never been an issue at all. In fact, who doesn’t love a beautiful woman with an accent? Seriously, I’m sad about this one.

Nothing against Nicole, but she was a judge on something else (was it the Sing Off?) and she was just ok. I hope this news is wrong, but they’re rarely wrong about this stuff.

2. # Voguerista commented on May 26th, 2011:

Thanks John! 😉 I was really excited about Cheryl judging at first too. I love her music. I have a feeling she’s got more problems than we know about in her private life which tend to get in the way of her professional life. Not sure if that’s the case now, but, something big had to have happened for them to can her (if true). It’s had to believe they’d can her just over her accent too (which I thought was lovely as well). Some reports are saying it’s because she wasn’t getting along with Paula and Nicole. It’s possible too that she quit or didn’t show up when she was suppose to (her schedule was been jammed packed these last few weeks flying back and forth from the States to England and Cannes). Then there is the rumored break up with Derek Hough. Rumors last week said Fox execs wanted her to break up with him and she chose the show over Derek. What a mess. I hope we find out more information soon as to what exactly happened because the rumors are on-going amd some of them too far out there to believe.

3. # Voguerista commented on May 26th, 2011:

I just updated the post with some new news on this John! I don’t know what to think?

4. # maryt commented on May 26th, 2011:

I would think if she quit, her rep would reply to that.

5. # Heidi commented on May 26th, 2011:

No way. The “homesick” is a story from her PR trying to do damage control. You don’t just “quit” a TV show without getting seriously sued for breach of contract.

I have to say, the stories the Cheryl fans are trying to spin up ARE rather amusing though. Like, her being on the US version to begin with was just a PR stunt to promote the UK version. Yeah, so you basically sell Cheryl down the river by claiming she was fired all to “promote” the UK version. Can I have some of what they’re smoking?? 🙂

6. # Voguerista commented on May 26th, 2011:

LOL Heidi!!!

7. # Elmari commented on May 26th, 2011:

It is my belief that there is a whole lot going on in the ‘personal’ department in CC’s life and that statement is not just about Derek. If she was fired or if she quit or if these are all just rumors, I’ve always thought that Nicole was more-well known and a lot more talented (IMO) and should have been on the judge’s panel. All the twitter twits who are saying that Nicole is a ‘flop’ in the US are delusional. But I guess nothing is final until Fox or their reps says so.

8. # John commented on May 26th, 2011:

I’m with you Heidi on this one. The homesick sounds like spin to me. She’s traveling all of the time. Her home is the road. Being here for the show wouldn’t change that. I call BS on the home sickness.

I don’t have anything against Nicole, but I would have just rather had Cheryl. Plus, I don’t think Nicole will be that interesting. She’ll just be kind of bland. I’m thinking in the tone of Kara from AI.

9. # Voguerista commented on May 28th, 2011:

Check out the new post on this Guys and let me know what you think when you get time.

Top - Home